Travelling and looking for new adventures belong to the list of the most popular hobbies and ways of relaxation. But nowadays, when it seems that most of the travel destinations and tourist routes seem to be too commonplace, finding new distant locations of the world, which have something unique and exciting about them seems to be a real challenge.
But the tourism is a multi-dollar industry nowadays, so many agencies and private guides are trying to present new, fresh and unconventional places to have a vacation or an active trip. However, in the age of the Internet, new awesome places everyone has got to see become very popular, so make sure you visit them first.
We have just put together a list of incredible travel destinations and unique places of the world that will be incredibly interesting for many people. All the destinations are briefly reviewed in a form of an interactive video presentation.
Please note that all the footage and images are used either on the terms of fair use or are licensed by the creative commons. We have listed all the credits and sources in the end of the clip. Please let us know, if you have any questions.
For our clip we have picked out such unusual places of the world:
– Darvaza (Door to Hell) in the Karakum Desert (Turkmenistan);
– picturesque To Sua Ocean Trench with bright Samoan sunshine (great clip here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=992DbEFBWpE);
– weird pink lake in Australia – Lake Hillier (learn more here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxsGXHKEqh0);
– spectacular blue cave (grotto) in Bisevo, Croatia (detailed information here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbDQBaTUAQs and here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZN45CcWAk);
– surreal landscape of Cappadocia, Turkey (a full review here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRXt_F7xgqQ and here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByeNGYfoBYA);
– Svmnafellsjvkull Crystal/Ice Cave in Iceland;
– Alofaaga Blowholes attract visitors, who witness how the blowholes propel huge amount of water into the air (more stuff: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZGp-2dhqo and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q486J4BjGjg);
– an extraordinary natural display at Horsetail Fall (USA) – more about this place: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SanASnynRJQ;
– Gothic-style Devil’s Bridge in Germany (Kromlauer Park) – more cool info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwdqQvL50Ek;
– sand dunes and seasonal lagoons at Lencois Maranhenses (learn about it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRrCnz0oBd4);
– largest salt flat that Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia turns into a spectacular natural mirror;
– shiny Waitomo Glowworm Caves in New Zealand;
– ancient Honghe Hani Rice Terraces in China that are protected by the UNESCO;
– a maze of abstract shapes – the Antelope Canyon in Arizona;
– human tower competition in Tarragona, Spain (also take a look at this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwGdupzp1w);
– “Cotton Castle” Pamukkale in Turkey;
– Great Blue Hole on Lighthouse Reef Atoll, Belize;
– the Wave, sandstone rock formation in Arizona (to find out more go here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f547FEfCXtc);
– remote monasteries of Meteora situated on Greek rock pinnacles;
– Jigokudani Park with real monkey (macaque) spa, Japan;
– cloud inversion over the Grand canyon;
Please leave your thoughts and ideas below.
Thanks for watching!
Video Rating: / 5